Thursday, November 12, 2009

Keep on keepin' on!

How the Extreme Makeover has changed my life
This writing is about my journey to improve my body, soul, mind and wisdom for my own and for my family’s health. My father passed away at the age of 55 from complications of hypertension and diabetes. I have been struggling with high blood pressure for 17 years. I know I am putting myself at risk if I do not control this blood pressure.
In 2003 and 2005 I became pregnant. Because of my health problems, I had two miscarriages. After that, I started gaining weight and my stomach blew up like a balloon. In 2006, I became pregnant again. Because of my health conditions, I had several problems during my pregnancy- high blood pressure (out of control), gestational diabetes (took insulin shots twice per day), edema, and toxemia. On April 12, 2007, during a routine check-up, my husband and I received the most horrifying news: my baby was not moving properly and her heart rate was dropping. I was rushed to the triage. I was admitted into the hospital and placed on bed rest. We found out the complications were because of my high blood pressure. My due date was May 21, 2007. April 16th, 2007 my pressure started going up again, so my doctor decided to induced my baby. On April 17, 2007, I delivered a baby girl 4lbs., 15oz, Trinity Grace. My husband and I plan on expanding our family within the next few years. Not only do I want to get healthy before having another baby, I need to.
After the birth of my daughter, I tried just about every fad diet out there. I would lose 10-20 pounds here and there, but I would always gain it back- plus some. One day I was talking to God and I asked, “Why am I struggling with high blood pressure, why can’t I lose weight, and why is my stomach so big?” I told God something is not right. I asked him to give me the wisdom and knowledge I needed to deal with these issues in my life. The same day I walked into Dr. Dan’s office and asked him what I needed to do to lose my baby weight and lower my blood pressure. Dr. Dan told me I needed to get adjusted, start the healing diet, and come to the Extreme Makeover classes. I never learned the correct way to eat until I started the Healing diet and attended the Extreme Makeover classes. My decision to join the Extreme Makeover and start the healing diet was an easy one. I have many goals for motivation: like looking good in a bathing suit, having more energy, but the most important goal for me is learning all I can in the Extreme Makeover classes so I help my family and other people I know.
On March 11th, 2009, I went to the doctor for a check-up, because the week before I was having problems with my blood pressure. When my doctor checked my pressure, she asked, “What are you doing, because your pressure is good today and you are losing weight”. That day my pressure was 130/80. I was so amazed, because my blood pressure has not been that low for 17 years. I told her about the healing diet and the extreme makeover. I have been on the Healing diet for about 5 weeks. I have lost about 7lbs and I am regaining my confidence and self-esteem and I have more energy than I’ve ever had. My 15-year high school reunion is approaching and 5 months ago I wasn’t planning on attending, but now I think I am.
Since I started the extreme makeover, I have a daily routine: I walk on the treadmill for 1 hour (3 days/wk.) and two days I run and walk on the track. I am still going to continue with the healing diet once the classes are over. With hard work, dedication, and support there is no excuse for failure. As a Christian, I have faith. Faith is believing all things are possible.

I AM SO PROUD OF EVERY EXTREME MAKEOVER PARTICIPANT FOR YOUR TOTAL COMMITMENT TO TRANSFORM YOUR LIFE---BODY, MIND, AND SPIRIT. YOUR FOCUS AND ENGAGEMENT OVER THE LAST 3 WEEKS HAS BEEN AWESOME! 3 MORE WEEKS TO GO IN THE PROGRAM, THEN A LIFETIME OF GOOD LIVING. THE CHANGES THAT YOU HAVE MADE ARE HONORING YOURSELF, YOUR FAMILY & FRIENDS, BUT MAINLY GOD.
KEEP ON KEEPIN’ ON!

*WEEK #4 of the Extreme Makeover will be held Monday night, November 9, @7pm at the Lake Mary Events Center. The topic will be focused on toxicity, its effects, and detoxification/healing strategies. Don’t miss it…it’ll be awesome. There are 3 more nights left in this 6 week program; more than enough time to have your life transformed. Bring all of your friends and family and let them hear about the strategies that have produced the healthiest human beings on the planet. Call 407-333-2277 to REGISTER. Attend our Extreme Makeover Teleconference call every Monday, 12-1pm: 712-432-3900 PIN #: 181866 http://www.youtube.com/DRDANYACHTER